MENU

Applications open for SafeWork SA innovative practice grants

January 9, 2013 • Grants

Image: http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/

Image: http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/

Acting Industrial Relations Minister Chloë Fox is encouraging South Australian businesses committed to improving work health and safety outcomes to apply for the 2013 SafeWork SA Innovative Practice Grants.

The grants, which are geared towards delivering projects aimed at preventing workplace injury, illness and death, support Target 21 of South Australia’s Strategic Plan – a 50 percent reduction in workplace injury from 2012 to 2022.

“We will be awarding up to $130,000 for projects commencing in 2013 that contribute to overall workplace safety. The projects must be innovative, well-researched and have broad relevance across the organisation or industry,” Ms Fox said.

The maximum individual grant is $50,000 and proposed projects should be able to be completed within one year.

Ms Fox revealed South Australia had reduced workplace injuries by 38% over the past 10 years and is the only jurisdiction in the country meeting national safety targets. The grants will assist South Australia to continue leading the nation in workplace health and safety, Ms Fox believes.

“We encourage business and industry to develop innovative programs that will help South Australians continue to lead safe, productive working lives. South Australia currently leads the nation in preventing workplace injury and illness and these grants will help us build on this good work,” Ms Fox said.

Last year’s grants were awarded to Business SA and the Housing Industry Association.

‘Business SA received $45,290 to determine and implement safe working procedures in the South Australian oyster growing industry. The project involved a sample audit of growers, risk assessment training and a follow-up audit to assess improvement in safety systems and practices.

The Housing Industry Association was awarded $35,500 in funding for a risk management project to reduce falls in housing construction. The project involved training and awareness courses for sole traders and small business owners involved in working at heights, an identified risk factor.’ (www.premier.sa.gov.au/)

Applications opened on Monday, 7 January 2013, and close Friday, 22 February 2013. The SafeWork SA Advisory Council will have a decision on which applications to fund on 4 June 2013.

Application templates and further information are available on the SafeWork SA website at

www.safework.sa.gov.au

 

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

« »