Late-model and classic Holden and HSV cars are set to go to auction in Grays, the online retailer and auction company announced today.
According to the retailer, the auction will be a “record-breaking event” with more than thirty Holden and HSV vehicles on offer thanks to record demand.
In 2017, Holden announced that it will cease 69 years of car manufacturing in Australia.
Just last month, the last Australian-built Holden – a Holden Commodore VF Series II SS V Redline – was put up at auction at nearly half a million dollars.
“Collectors will appreciate the significance of this collection, representing a piece of never-to-be-repeated Australian motoring history,” Grays said in a press release today.
The auction highlight is the 2017 HSV GTSR W1, one of only four development vehicles. The GTSR W1 is powered by LS9 6.2lt supercharged V8, delivering a claimed 474kW @ 6500rpm.
“This car is the final (and arguably the best ever) locally-built muscle car,” the release said.
“Motor racing legend John Bowe recently inspected and drove this car, particularly impressed with the performance and handling, and citing that it truly is one of the best cars ever manufactured in Australia,” Grays added.
The unit is also the only unit painted in Jungle Fever, a color which never made into production cars.
Other special units on offer are as follows:
- 1988 HSV VL Group A SSV (Walkinshaw): Extremely rare and highly desirable, this VL ‘Walkinshaw’ is a ‘barn find, and in a very tired condition, but completely original with all genuine parts. Number 619 of only 750 made.
- 2017 HSV Maloo GTS-R GEN-F2 Spitfire Green Manual Ute
- 2016 HSV Clubsport R8 Track Edition LE GEN-F2 Black Manual Sedan
- 2013 HSV VF Clubsport R8 Sting Red Manual Sedan (Build no. 15)
- 2012 HSV VE Clubsport R8 Wagon ‘Supercharged’ Walkinshaw (50 Years of Bathurst Edition)
- 2005 Holden VZ Monaro CV8 Turismo Blue Automatic Coupe
- 2003 HSV Monaro GTS Coupe Tribute ‘Supercharged’ Sting Red Coupe
- 2007 HSV VE GTS Manual
- 2009 HSV WM Grange
- 2004 Holden V2 CV8
- 1999 HSV Clubsport
- 1968 Holden HK GTS Warwick Yellow
Gray’s automobile auction commenced yesterday (18 February), and will close next week (23 February). Click here for more information.