Technology developer Bluglass Limited was named the winner of the Australian Cleantech Award at a gala event on Wednesday night.
The Sydney-based company bested seven other finalists in the competition and also took home the Manufacturing award that evening.
Bluglass develops world leading technology for the global manufacturers of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) and solar photovoltaic cells, helping increase their performance, reduce their costs and ultimately lessen environmental impact.
“This win is an important step in BluGlass’ development from an R&D company that has achieved proof of concept into an operational company moving towards industry acceptance”, said Giles Bourne, CEO of BluGlass, quoted in a report on the Business Spectator.
“It is a further confirmation of the seven years of work since listing and to bring this technology to its full global potential.”
Other industry winners showcased emerging technologies that have the potential to boost productivity in the Australian economy.
The other winners are (as reported on Business Spectator):
– ARENA Renewable Energy Award: Specialty Coatings with its EnerSheetTM fibreglass composite roof sheeting product with embedded thin film solar photovoltaic (PV) material.
– Dairy Australia Food and Beverages Award: Z-Filter’s filtration system that separates solids from liquids, by trapping them inside a single, zippered, filter element a ‘Sock’.
– Built Environment Award: Organic Response, a revolutionary lighting control system using Distributed Intelligence to deliver maximum energy savings with optimal occupancy comfort.
– Mining Award: Global Future Solutions, a biotechnology company producing environmentally safer non-toxic, non-corrosive products for the Oil & Gas industry.
– Alumni Award: CINTEP for its recycling shower technology.
“The quality of the 2014 entries has been incredibly high and we believe that many of the top 30 companies will become highly successful”, said John O’Brien, Managing Director of Australian CleanTech.
“The credibility, advice and connections that the competition provides to these emerging technology companies will help them to become Australia’s future success stories.”
Bluglass was one of the 30 semi-finalists that have undergone extensive mentoring and business development process. The finalists also have the opportunity to participate in trade missions to key markets in Asia slated for November this year.